Friday, July 13, 2012

Coral Bridesmaid Jewelry Sets

I know, I know.  I made earrings for my bridesmaids last fall to use as a color guide when selecting their dresses.  But it turns out that those earrings weren't quite what I had in mind!

While perusing etsy for my bridal jewelry, I was inspired by several of the items for sale.  I didn't really want to spend $50+ per set, so I decided to make my own!

I ordered chain online from Shipwreck Beads.  I got beads, earrings wires, initials, and lobster claws from Michael's.  Luckily, I already had the jump rings and head pins.

I started by putting all the beads onto individual head pins and making a loop at the top.  I initially tried one of each bead on the earrings, but it didn't look quite right.  Then I tried three coral beads.  Five coral beads turned out to be the magic number.  I also added some jump rings to the pearl so it would hang a little lower.

For the necklaces, I attached a lobster claw and clasp on the ends.  My chain was so fine that my jump rings wouldn't work, so I ended up making my own out of head pins.  Can you say P.I.T.A.?

Anyways, I attached the initial, pearl, and coral bead to a large jump ring, and threaded that onto the chain.  Voila!  Bridesmaid jewelry set!

personalized bridesmaid necklace and earrings

I also made a version of these for the flower girls, but used a flat coral colored pearl with a small round pearl.  I hope they love them!

bridesmaid and flower girl personalized jewelry


In all, I made six sets of bridesmaid jewelry and three flower girl necklaces for about $40 (less than one set had I bought them online!).  There was some serious time cost here though - they took me almost six hours to make!

Update #1: Jewelry making the debut at the wedding!



Update #2: I saw my new sister-in-law wearing hers last night, so looks like they were a hit  :)

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!