Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Card Holder

You've heard the saying, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"?  This is a lemonade kind of project!

While cleaning for a party a few months ago, a bathroom mirror fell off the wall and shattered.  I rescued the frame from the trash and stashed it away for a future project.  When we needed a place to put Christmas cards, it came out from hiding!


The antique bronze finish didn't mesh well with our decor, but a few coats of spray paint can fix that!  I sprayed one coat of primer and two coats of chrome silver.

one coat of primer
I let it dry for a full day, then used a staple gun to attach ribbons across the back.  I had three different small pieces of ribbon that were the perfect size!


I finished it up by adding all the wonderful cards we've been getting!


Rescued from the trash, this frame now showcases notes from our loved ones.  Don't you love lemonade?


Follow Me on Pinterest



2 comments:

  1. Perfect idea, Bonnie. Just what I needed..Thank you for this wonderful blog..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!