Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

2012 has been a phenomenal year.  We got married and bought a house, my sister-in-law got engaged and married (look for the flower photos soon!), my brother-in-laws graduated college, and most everyone close to us is healthy and at a really good point in their lives right now.  We are incredibly blessed and thankful!

All these wonderful things have made me quite a busy person, so my resolutions this year center around making time for the important things.  My professional coursework has drilled into my head that goals be S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), so I'll try my best.

1. Catch up with friends more often in person and on the phone.  I have some really great friends, and I really miss them!  My goal is to catch up with my best friends at least once a month.
Lovely ladies at my bachelorette party

2. Get in shape.  I've been kind of lapsing on my regular exercise schedule, and we haven't been eating great.  My goal is two-fold here: exercise at least three times per week, and be in shape such that all my clothes fit properly.  Before the wedding, we had good success following the eating guide in The Seven Principles of Fat Burning by Eric Berg.  Basically, you eat lean proteins, fruits, and veggies.  We felt great doing it!  I still don't have time for meal planning, so I'm changing our Emeals subscription to the Paleo plan.  I don't know anything about being Paleo, but the recipes agree with the Fat Burning book, so I'll be using those.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

3. Maintain our home as a refuge.  This means staying organized, continuing to work on the projects (but in a timely manner so they don't take over our home), and keeping work separate from home life.

Foyer before and after

4. Travel!  Outside of visiting family, my goal is to go on at least one international trip and one stateside.

In Dominican Republic for our "engagement-moon"
  
5. Volunteer.  My goal is to volunteer for 50 hours this year.
Shopping trip for toy donations



I wish everyone a wonderful year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!