Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Signing Earrings

I am so proud of my Grandma Barbara!!!  At 85 years young, she has published her first novel!  It's an excellent read, and reminds me of some of my favorite novels by Barbara Kingsolver.  The Shoe Tree was a real tree in New Mexico - many of my family members have driven by it over the years, but none of us learned the others had seen it until my grandmother wrote about it.

The Shoe Tree by Barbara Wright
The novel is about two young women who overcome abusive relationships, and through friendships with loving people, learn to trust, love, and live again.  Check out the ad in my sidebar! 

As part of the debut, she's doing a few book signings at local bookstores.  My Mom picked up this beautiful blouse for her to wear, and asked me to make matching earrings.



I dug through my stash of beads and found the perfect match in some purple freshwater pearls.  I made small clusters of them for the earrings.  I think they're pretty fun!  They kind of match the book cover, too...



Congratulations to my Grandma Barbara on her book!



2 comments:

  1. Bonnie those are really pretty and so thoughtful for Gramma. You're a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, how lovely! She's going to feel very special in them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!