Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: American Girl Doll Flower Girl Dresses

My Mom is back again this week with another above-and-beyond wedding project!


I had so much fun making the flower  girl dresses for Bonnie’s wedding.  Her cousins all adore their American Girl dolls, and I had some leftover fabric, so I thought it would be cute to make matching dresses for their American Girl Dolls.

I used Kwik Sew Pattern 2921 for 18” dolls and the same fabric I made the flower girl dresses out of.  I also found some co-coordinating ribbon for the sashes.


To enable them to role-play being a flower girl, I found some tiny baskets at World Market.  JoAnn’s had tiny white sandals, so the ensemble was just like what they’d have on wedding day!


I figured they could practice being a flower girl with their dolls, and the older girls might even want to write a story about being in a wedding in Charleston!

I had so much fun making these that I also made red, white and blue dresses for them to wear at the 4th of July Low country boil!


Using ribbons, tiny buttons, etc. pays off and really adds to the whole miniature effect.  I try to make them easy for the girls to use with Velcro down the back, and I finish the seams so the clothes are machine washable.


Pretty Darn Cute if I say so myself!


Well, the girls loved them and the dolls even came to the rehearsal!  Thanks Mom!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! those are so sweet. You have one talented mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! My Mom had the best time above-and-beyond crafting for our wedding :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!