Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Texas Caviar Recipe

As promised, I'm back today to share my Texas Caviar recipe!


This recipe is tweaked from one given to me a few years ago...after eating half a bowl of it a at a party, the hostess thought it best if I had the recipe.  Now's it the #1 request I get when I offer to bring something to a party!

The ingredients can get a little costly, but it's definitely a crowd-pleaser, so I think it's worth it.  I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but it goes fast.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup Splenda (I used to use sugar)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. pepper
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsely
  • 2 T minced garlic
  • 4 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 4 oz. jar diced pimientos (these are usually with the olives at the store)
  • 12 oz. can corn
  • 12 oz. can black eyed peas
  • 12 oz. can pinto beans

Method:

  • Mix oil, vinegar, Splenda, salt, and pepper in a small pot, and heat until Splenda dissolves
  • Remove from heat, add garlic and parsely, and let cool while you're prepping the veggies
  • Wash and cut up fresh vegetables
  • Drain pimientos
  • Drain and rinse canned veggies
  • Add all veggies together in a large bowl and stir to mix
  • Add the mixture from the pot and mix well
  • Cover and refrigerate until the party (This dish is better after it's had time to "meld", but it can be eaten right away if need be)
  • Make a small take-home container for yourself to keep, and a second to send home with your mother-in-law (Hi!)
  • Serve the rest with Fritos Scoops
  • When everyone loves it and wants the recipe, direct them here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!